Latest answers

Awaiting Answer

Sign up to share your experience

Login to TYA Answers with Facebook Sign in with Facebook

Share Socially

Question Topics

Related questions

Do you need both an EHIC and a Carte Vitale for a year abroad in France?

That depends - if you're a student, no. You only need your EHIC card and no Carte Vitale card. As you are still registered as a student in the UK, the NHS still has to cover you and so you can use your EHIC card to pay for any treatment. If...

Jul 15th 2014, 17:28 | 1 answer

I want to study in France as part of my year abroad; is there anything I should know?

I studied French law in a University in Paris as a (compulsory) part of my course. Some universities may require you to take an exam/test to prove your level of French before doing so, although this is probably more likely if you are not studying...

Jul 17th 2014, 21:26 | 2 answers

Small city in France to spend my year abroad?

HelloI did my year abroad studying in Aix-en-Provence, just north of Marseille and though it is a city (i think!) it's small and so homely and just like no where else I've ever been. It's easy to interact with the locals if you continue using the...

Jul 26th 2014, 16:10 | 7 answers

Does your birth certificate have to be under 6 months old in order to get a social security number in France?

No it should be fine - just make sure your birth certificate is translated by a professional. I've heard of people getting unofficial translations through but I'm not sure it's a good way to go about things! 

Jul 28th 2014, 16:00 | 1 answer

How does the year abroad work for mature students with family?

From the British Council:Thanks for sharing this; as you are probably aware there are no age restrictions to taking part in Erasmus/Erasmus+ at HE, so there is no formal guidance for mature students – they have the same...

Jul 24th 2014, 16:50 | 2 answers

From the TYA Network

TYA Answers has been created in partnership with: