Latest answers

Lizzie Fane Lizzie Fane, May 11th 2016, 22:03 Verified Guru

If you already have a student loan/grant from Student Finance England which depends on your household income, then you can apply for a travel grant. Here's more information about eligibility: and here's a handy fact sheet about the travel grant.

Hope that helps! :)

Comments 0 Please Sign in to comment

Sign up to share your experience

Login to TYA Answers with Facebook Sign in with Facebook

Share Socially

Question Topics

Related questions

How much is the Erasmus grant for a year in Paris? How much will it cover?

You should receive 400 Euro per month and you should also be eligible for the usual student loans etc. The combination should provide you with enough to survive. The cost of living in Paris is about 25% cheaper than in London. If you want to earn...

Aug 12th 2014, 10:00 | 3 answers

Does anyone have experience in combining publishing with their languages?

See my answers to your other questions! If you want to work in this country, look for publishers which specialise in your language areas (eg Harvill Secker). Write around to the main academic presses and make it clear that you are looking for...

Aug 12th 2014, 12:23 | 1 answer

Is travel writing a dying art?

Many blog authors earn money, usually through advertising once their blogs gain a big enough readership for companies to want to advertise through them! But of course there are still traditional travel writers also, writing for guidebooks such as...

Aug 19th 2014, 12:05 | 1 answer

Has anyone had experience with living alone?

Hiya,I never planned to live on my own during my year abroad. I found a 2-bed flat with a friend from my UK uni and we lived together for the first couple of months that we were in Madrid, but she struggled to settle into life abroad and just...

Aug 30th 2014, 16:09 | 4 answers

Has anybody had experience of applying for the Travel Grant with Student Finance?

I got the Student Finance year abroad travel grant form from my university and saved it until after my year abroad. In July I sent the form after calculating my total expenses, including study abroad insurance, travelling to Madrid for the...

Sep 14th 2014, 21:26 | 4 answers

From the TYA Network

TYA Answers has been created in partnership with: